FROM FAUX TO REAL!

<b>FROM FAUX TO REAL!</b>
IT'S WREATH MAKING TIME!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

FIRELIES OR IS IT LIGHTNIN BUGS?

Fireflies with their tiny lights
give sparkle to a summer night

When the sun goes down and the stars come out
Their little lights start to dance about

Summer is their time to shine
til the fall moon takes over

Back home they go to build their light
til again they dance on a warm summer's night

SOOO I am not a great poet!!! BUT I love those little flies, we called them lightnin bugs.  We caught them in a jar and kept them in our rooms for a night and let them go the next day, well some were still alive:)
I still love to watch them and have tried and tried to get a picture of the yard with all the lights,  no luck though.

I can't believe that it is already AUGUST!!!!  I am in the process of gathering the fall items for the picture trail site!  Somehow it makes the heat bearable:)
When the children were young we used to watch Christmas movies and make Christmas decorations and gifts in the summer.   We always moved in June or July so they didn't have friends yet, I selfishly was glad to have them alllllll to myself!!  I am still inclined to do the "Summer" Christmas thing but it is not as much fun!

I will be posting some new aging examples soon.   I hope you can use these ideas.  Feel free to send along yours too:)

Well that's about it for today!    I hope you can catch lots lightnin bugs! 

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!











No comments: