FROM FAUX TO REAL!

<b>FROM FAUX TO REAL!</b>
IT'S WREATH MAKING TIME!

Monday, July 25, 2011

ANTS AND PLANTS!

I mentioned this on my facebook page but I would like to share it with y'all!!  SOOOOOO a few years ago I noticed that our jasmine trees had ants allllll over them.  As I looked closer I saw scale.  Since they were outside I decided to just let it go until the fall when they come inside.  When I checked it again the ants AND the scale were GONE!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I just thought that it was just some weird event:)   THIS year my favorite myrtle topiary had scale so I took it outside and found some ants, really easy to do this year, and put them onto the plant.   In about a week they had cleaned that plant as well!  Even the stickyness was gone!!! I don't think that  ANTS COULD REALLY MOVE A RUBBER TREE PLANT   but they sure can clean up the scale:)  I have a new respect for those little critters:)

It has been really hot and humid so I haven't finished painting the porch, I have been sitting on it though, not as long as I would like because I feel like I am sitting in a sauna!! When it gets a little less humid I will get back to the porch.  We still need to paint the doors and the shelves.

I hope y'all are keeping cool and drinking LOTS of water!! I like to put lemon in mine and it is so refreshing that I don't want anything else.  I DO have my sweet tea at least once a day though!!

OK I am outta here!!  And don't forget to thank a Service Member for his or her service to our great country!!
Oh yeah, here is a little bit of trivia~~~~~ The heat in Afghanistan at this time of the year is about 130 degrees with high humidity!  I try to remind myself of that when I think I can't stand the heat anymore! 

Have a GREAT week!!!!!!!!



No comments: