FROM FAUX TO REAL!

<b>FROM FAUX TO REAL!</b>
IT'S WREATH MAKING TIME!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

YOU KNOW IT IS JANUARY WHEN.....

WHEN I  drag out all of the dried stuff!  
For years I have dried those little pineapples that I used to find at a store here.  The were really easy,  probably because they are so small.  I have also tried in vain to dry the regular sized pineapples since I can no longer find the little ones!  Each year I add to the dried collection:)  THIS year I was successful in drying the regular pineapples.  I found directions on the internet that works great!  Dan at yesterday once more here on blog spot!  He is at 
Dan-yesterdayoncemore.blogspot.com 
Check out his site!
Here are a few pictures of them.



These are some clove studded pears.


Nothing goes to waste around here, I either dry it or stick cloves in it:)  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  At least I feel like I tried! LOL

There is just something about the color that I love! It is so natural and wintery!

OK ~~~~  GET OUT THERE AND STICK CLOVES IN SOMETHING!
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!

4 comments:

basketsnprims said...

I love the pineapples and the blue woodenware. If you ever sell the blue bucket, please let me know. Thanks
Pam
Basketpam@gmail.com

Dog Trot Farm said...

I have dried pineapples by setting them on a plate and placing them in a window in full sunlight. It took a bit but worked like a charm. I love your collections and I too love things filled with cloves. Have a lovely evening, Julie.

Jeanne said...

Love your pineapples! Thanks for the tip to Dan's site...I'll have to try it.

Rebecca said...

Hi, Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Glad I found my way here, your blog and home are beautiful!